In order to inquire about a position at SCWS, please share your resume and cover letter with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
South Carolina Whitmore School
Job title: Office Assistant
Position Status: Part-Time (20-30 hours per week)
Location: Columbia, SC
South Carolina Whitmore School is an innovative leader in providing an online learning environment with an extended school year, which utilizes a fully accredited curriculum, powered by CompuHigh, LLC, to high school students throughout South Carolina.
Every student has access to individualized learning with highly qualified and caring teachers. Each student learns through a supportive, challenging mastery-based curriculum resulting in high academic achievement. All courses meet SC standards and students graduate well prepared for a career or college.
The Office Assistant reports directly to the Office Manager and supports the daily office operations, providing the highest level of service to families and students.
- Assist with incoming calls and the telephone system as a whole.
- Respond to and resolve routine inquires of parents, employees and referring schools. Refer phone inquiries to appropriate staff member for resolution.
- Work with the Principal, Office Manager, Compliance Coordinator, Guidance Director and district staff in preparation of reports and audits.
- Assist with New Student and Parent Orientations both on and off-site.
- Participate in student recruiting sessions and other marketing events.
- Sort and distribute mail. Maintain stamps, mailing and package shipment supplies.
- Maintain inventory of all office equipment, supplies, and services.
- Assist in keeping conference room, kitchen and general traffic areas clean and in order.
- Other duties as assigned by the Office Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Student focused approach.
- Strong technology skills.
- Excellent data entry skills, and knowledge of student information systems – Power School preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High degree of flexibility.
- Ability to manage stressful situations in a calm, courteous and efficient manner.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability and availability to travel within SC as needed.
- $15 per hour