In order to inquire about a position at SCWS, please share your resume and cover letter with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Relations Manager
The efforts of the PR Manager at SCWS will ensure a positive perception and reputation throughout South Carolina, which will encourage student retention and new student enrollment.
- Proposing and managing all marketing and communication efforts on behalf of the school, in coordination with the principal.
- Coordinate, monitor and execute the school’s various social media platforms
- Creating and distributing press releases on a consistent basis to relevant print and broadcast outlets, regarding important school news and updates.
- Pitching story ideas to media outlets across the state.
- Filming and editing short videos for promotional school use on social media.
- Assist in the organization, execution and promotion of school events.
- Attending and promoting school events.
- Controlling information output and incoming requests from media outlets.
- Production and distribution of monthly e-newsletter for parents and students and monthly e-newsletter for local media outlets, board members and district.
- Attend off-hours meetings and events to gather information and media for publication.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective communication program.
- Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skills in writing and editing.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated success in implementing strong communication campaigns.
- Thorough knowledge of media operations.
- Extensive knowledge of social media and emerging communications platforms.
- Experience with gathering and editing short videos.
- Ability to adapt to emerging technologies and the possession of problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with students, staff, parents and community members in a positive manner.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years of experience in Public Relations, Journalism, Mass Communications, Marketing or any related field is preferred. The PR Manager will report directly to the SCWS principal and is a full-time position.
Compensation: Negotiable, based on experience and qualifications. All full-time employees at SCWS have access to the state healthcare system (PEBA), a 401k retirement system, and paid time off.
Location: Columbia, SC
Ready for a change?
You can enroll at any time of the year. We have flexible schedules, no semesters, and an extended school year.Enroll Today