Help students achieve more at SC Whitmore School
Our people are the backbone of everything we do at SC Whitmore School, and we are always looking for passionate educators to join our team. We are committed to providing a supportive environment where all members of our team are equipped for success. We believe this is vital, so that we can engage and support each student at SC Whitmore School.
To inspire innovation and create opportunities for students beyond high school through the power of online learning.
To provide a high-quality education to students across South Carolina and graduate self-sufficient learners who excel at using technology to further their understanding of the world.
South Carolina Whitmore School
Job title: IT Specialist
Position Status: Part-time
South Carolina Whitmore School (SCWS) is an innovative leader in providing a high quality, personalized, online high school education. SCWS utilizes a personalized and flexible learning model, equipped with an extended school year, in order to support and promote the academic success of high school students throughout South Carolina.
Every student has access to highly qualified, certified, and supportive teachers, school counselors, and administrative staff members. All courses meet South Carolina state academic standards and students graduate well prepared for both college and career.
The IT Specialist reports directly to the Principal and is responsible for assisting in tasks to support the effectiveness of technology and platforms used for an optimum learning environment for students and providing the highest level of customer service to the families that we serve.
- Serve as the first point of contact for students/parents seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by students/parents
- Walk the student/parent through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products (computers, laptops, mobile devices), course platform, and Student/Parent Dashboard
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update student/parent status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by students/parents to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on technology-related processes
- Work with user credentials and login support for Google WorkSpace, Learning Management System (LMS), Mass communication platforms, courses, and other integrated Apps requiring student login
- Assist Staff and Teachers with IT support for software and hardware on school-issues computers
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Tech-savvy, with working knowledge of office productivity applications and remote support tools
- Familiarity with databases, SQL, or using a graphical interface to generate basic reports is a plus
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in typing is a must!
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science, or relevant field preferred. Associate degrees or industry standard certifications in IT and support with adequate experience may also be considered.
In order to inquire and/or apply for a position at SC Whitmore School, please share your resume and cover letter with us via email at HR@scwhitmoreschool.org
Ready for a change?
You can enroll in virtual school at any time of the year. SC Whitmore School has flexible schedules, no semesters, and an extended school year.Enroll Today