In order to inquire about a position at SCWS, please share your resume and cover letter with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Secondary English/Language Art & Electives Teacher
Position Status: Part-Time (contracted for services)
South Carolina Whitmore School is an innovative leader in providing an online learning environment, which utilizes a fully accredited mastery-based curriculum, for high school students throughout South Carolina.
Every student has access to individualized learning with highly qualified and supportive teachers. Each student learns through a supportive, yet challenging mastery-based curriculum resulting in high academic achievement. All courses meet South Carolina state standards and students graduate well prepared to pursue college and career.
SC Whitmore School teachers report directly to the Director of Curriculum and Instruction and will work one-to-one with students to effectively teach course material, until mastery of each lesson is achieved. The teacher will support the instructional program with asynchronous and synchronous web conferencing.
- Certified and highly qualified to teach secondary English/Language Arts in South Carolina.
- A South Carolina resident is preferred.
- Strong technology skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Student focused approach to teaching.
- High degree of flexibility.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of excellent teaching skills.
Ready for a change?
You can enroll at any time of the year. We have flexible schedules, no semesters, and an extended school year.Enroll Today