Title II Part A
The reauthorized Title II Program under The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) provides the largest federal program that supports professional development activities to improve teaching and learning. The purpose of the program is to increase student academic achievement through strategies such as improving teacher and administrator quality.
All activities under Title II are based on a needs assessment for professional development and hiring. Funds will be used to:
- provide professional activities that improve the knowledge of teachers and administrators
- recruiting/retaining effective teachers
- costs of state tests or courses to fulfill teaching certificate endorsement requirement
All professional development activities are:
- included in the school Professional Development Plan
- high quality, sustained, intensive, and classroom-focused in order to have a positive and lasting impact on classroom instruction
Ready for a change?
You can enroll in virtual school at any time of the year. SC Whitmore School has flexible schedules, no semesters, and an extended school year.Enroll Today